BANGKOK — After sweating through unseasonably high temperatures last week, residents of semi-tropical Thailand have had to scavenge through their closets for sweaters and scarves to keep the chill off their bones.
Much of the rest of Asia was also shivering.
In Hong Kong, the mercury dipped to its lowest in six decades. The rest of southern China also recorded unusually cold weather, with record-breaking low temperatures in many places.
In Vietnam’s capital, Hanoi, the temperature dropped to 42 degrees, the lowest since 1977. Meteorologists said mountaintop snowfalls across a dozen northern provinces were unprecedented.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Our Sun is about to get unusually cool, researchers predict
- Global Warming Causes Stratospheric Cooling By Jeffrey Masters, Ph.D. — Director of Meteorology, Weather Underground, Inc.
- 200 years ago, we endured a ‘year without a summer’
- Huge cracks and hills emerge overnight in Alberta Beach, baffling residents
- Airport Power issues. ?
- U.S. Customs Computer Outage Causes Delays At Airports Nationwide January 1, 2018
- …………. cooling ahead.
- Climate change assumptions false and world will start cooling down in 2017 global warming Science News Express.co.uk
- College asks NYPD to use bathrooms out of sight from students