The original data is available here. If this relationship is true, then the fall in maximum amplitude from Solar Cycle 23 to Solar Cycle 24 should be the same as the fall from Solar Cycle 22 to Solar Cycle 23. The respective falls are 39 and 38. A fall of 39 from the maximum amplitude of Solar Cycle 24 gives us a result of 43.
In 2014, Dr Javaraiah Javaraiah of the Indian Institute for Astrophysics in Bangalore published a paper which has a similar prediction for the maximum amplitude of Solar Cycle 25 of 50 (on page 15).
In summary, a few methodologies are givings us predictions for Solar Cycle 25 which straddle the amplitudes of the Solar Cycles 5 and 6 of the Dalton Minimum which had maximum amplitudes of 49.2 and 48.7 respectively.
Expectations of climate can be adjusted accordingly.
David Archibald’s most recent book is Australia’s Defence.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Our Sun is about to get unusually cool, researchers predict
- Global Warming Causes Stratospheric Cooling By Jeffrey Masters, Ph.D. — Director of Meteorology, Weather Underground, Inc.
- 200 years ago, we endured a ‘year without a summer’
- Huge cracks and hills emerge overnight in Alberta Beach, baffling residents
- Airport Power issues. ?
- U.S. Customs Computer Outage Causes Delays At Airports Nationwide January 1, 2018
- …………. cooling ahead.
- Climate change assumptions false and world will start cooling down in 2017 global warming Science News Express.co.uk
- College asks NYPD to use bathrooms out of sight from students