“My concern is water vapor……………….. what happens when you heat water?……………… what goes up MUST come down. Look at the historic levels of snowfall the world over for the past few years. Some place it has not snowed in YEARS, HISTORIC RAINFALL, HISTORIC FLOODING”
The first month of meteorological winter is only just beginning, but it already looks like the weather patterns will align to make it warmer than average — possibly one of the warmest Decembers on record in parts of the Midwest and Northeast.
El Niño is cranking in the tropical Pacific this year, and has already surpassed the record-intense 1997-1998 El Niño by at least one measure. This excessively warm pool of water across such a vast area of the globe sets up a ripple effect on the weather patterns in the rest of the world, and in particular over North America.
What this means for the U.S. is a high likelihood for high pressure to build over much of North America — including the Northeast and Midwest — while cool troughs of low pressure tend to dominate the eastern Pacific Ocean and West Coast, and skirt east across the southern states. The weather models have seized on this pattern for the month of December.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Our Sun is about to get unusually cool, researchers predict
- Global Warming Causes Stratospheric Cooling By Jeffrey Masters, Ph.D. — Director of Meteorology, Weather Underground, Inc.
- 200 years ago, we endured a ‘year without a summer’
- Huge cracks and hills emerge overnight in Alberta Beach, baffling residents
- Airport Power issues. ?
- U.S. Customs Computer Outage Causes Delays At Airports Nationwide January 1, 2018
- …………. cooling ahead.
- Climate change assumptions false and world will start cooling down in 2017 global warming Science News Express.co.uk
- College asks NYPD to use bathrooms out of sight from students