Now, Sullivan County Sheriff Michael Schiff responds with support and agreement with Ulster County.
The statement below is made by Sheriff Michael Schiff in regards to the Facebook Posting made by Ulster County Sheriff Paul Van Blarcum on 12/3/15:
“I concur with Ulster County Sheriff Paul Van Blarcum that licensed gun owners should carry their licensed handguns if they feel that they are comfortable and proficient enough to do so. They should also be familiar with State and local laws that govern firearms and the use of deadly physical force.
I also join Sheriff Van Blarcum in urging off duty police/peace officers and qualified retired law enforcement personnel to carry their firearms as well.
The police cannot be everywhere. The second amendment and the laws of New York State give citizens the tools to defend themselves and their families from harm, until law enforcement can arrive on the scene.
Given the recent attacks in our country and abroad, citizens should be aware of their surroundings, exercise vigilance and not be afraid to report any suspicious activity.
If you see something, say something.”
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Our Sun is about to get unusually cool, researchers predict
- Global Warming Causes Stratospheric Cooling By Jeffrey Masters, Ph.D. — Director of Meteorology, Weather Underground, Inc.
- 200 years ago, we endured a ‘year without a summer’
- Huge cracks and hills emerge overnight in Alberta Beach, baffling residents
- Airport Power issues. ?
- U.S. Customs Computer Outage Causes Delays At Airports Nationwide January 1, 2018
- …………. cooling ahead.
- Climate change assumptions false and world will start cooling down in 2017 global warming Science News Express.co.uk
- College asks NYPD to use bathrooms out of sight from students