A militant group affiliated to Islamic State in Egypt claimed responsibility for the downing of a Russian passenger plane that crashed in Egypt’s Sinai peninsula on Saturday, the group said in a statement circulated by supporters on Twitter.
The claim of responsibility was also carried by the Aamaq website which acts as a semi official news agency for Islamic State.
“The fighters of the Islamic State were able to down a Russian plane over Sinai province that was carrying over 220 Russian crusaders. They were all killed, thanks be to God,” the statement circulated on Twitter said.
Egyptian authorities said earlier that the plane was not shot down, and ruled out foul play. But perhaps they spoke too soon. We are still waiting for the Russian government to release a comprehensive statement.
But what if ISIS is responsible? Considering the glaring direct and indirect ties that ISIS has with Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar, and, we’ll say it: the United States, this would basically be an act of war against Russia.
It really is too soon to say. But foul play, despite what the Egyptians say, is clearly still a possibility.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Our Sun is about to get unusually cool, researchers predict
- Global Warming Causes Stratospheric Cooling By Jeffrey Masters, Ph.D. — Director of Meteorology, Weather Underground, Inc.
- 200 years ago, we endured a ‘year without a summer’
- Huge cracks and hills emerge overnight in Alberta Beach, baffling residents
- Airport Power issues. ?
- U.S. Customs Computer Outage Causes Delays At Airports Nationwide January 1, 2018
- …………. cooling ahead.
- Climate change assumptions false and world will start cooling down in 2017 global warming Science News Express.co.uk
- College asks NYPD to use bathrooms out of sight from students