Prepared jointly by the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, NOAA,
Space Weather Prediction Center and the U.S. Air Force.
UPDATED 2015 October 29 0030 UTC .24 hr Summary… Solar activity was at low levels. Region 2436 (N08W74, Cao/beta) and Region 2437 (S18W62, Cro/beta) both produced low-level, C-class flares during the period. Region 2442 (N16E09, Cao/beta) and Region 2441 (N14E33, Dro/beta) exhibited small growth in the leader and trailer spots. A new cluster of sunspots became visible along the east limb near N09 late in the period as noted in SDO/HMI Intensitygrams. These sunspots are likely associated with the active region along and just beyond the east limb that produced some surging and small X-ray flares over the past two days. The sunspot group was assigned as NOAA SWPC Region 2443, but we are awaiting a first observatory report in order to properly classify the spot group. All other regions were mostly stable or in gradual decay. A disappearing filament near S20E20, erupted from the Sun around 28/1200 UTC as observed in SDO/AIA 304 imagery. An associated coronal mass ejection (CME) was noted in SOHO/LASCO C2 imagery starting at 28/1325 UTC. Analysis is ongoing to determine if there is an Earth-directed component. .Forecast… Solar activity is expected to be at low levels over the next three days (29-31 Oct), with a slight chance for M-class (R1-R2/Minor-Moderate) flares primarily due to the flare potential of Regions 2436, 2440, and newly assigned Region 2443. [Full Report and Forecasts]
[Report of Solar-Geophysical Activity]
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Our Sun is about to get unusually cool, researchers predict
- Global Warming Causes Stratospheric Cooling By Jeffrey Masters, Ph.D. — Director of Meteorology, Weather Underground, Inc.
- 200 years ago, we endured a ‘year without a summer’
- Huge cracks and hills emerge overnight in Alberta Beach, baffling residents
- Airport Power issues. ?
- U.S. Customs Computer Outage Causes Delays At Airports Nationwide January 1, 2018
- …………. cooling ahead.
- Climate change assumptions false and world will start cooling down in 2017 global warming Science News Express.co.uk
- College asks NYPD to use bathrooms out of sight from students