The sun has solar cycles that repeat approximately every 11 years. The discovery of the sun’s cycles started with the discovery of sunspots. Early observers of the sun noted dark spots on the surface of the sun — especially at sunrise or sunset. Some people started counting and record their numbers. Good historical data dates back to about 1749. If you plot the number of sunspots since then, you get a chart like the one below.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Our Sun is about to get unusually cool, researchers predict
- Global Warming Causes Stratospheric Cooling By Jeffrey Masters, Ph.D. — Director of Meteorology, Weather Underground, Inc.
- 200 years ago, we endured a ‘year without a summer’
- Huge cracks and hills emerge overnight in Alberta Beach, baffling residents
- Airport Power issues. ?
- U.S. Customs Computer Outage Causes Delays At Airports Nationwide January 1, 2018
- …………. cooling ahead.
- Climate change assumptions false and world will start cooling down in 2017 global warming Science News Express.co.uk
- College asks NYPD to use bathrooms out of sight from students