Storified by WeatherNation October 22, 2015
Interstate Re-Opens in Colorado After Multiple Crashes Due to Snow
General , Meteorology , Pictures , Severe , Snow , Storms , Top Stories , Weather
CO SNOW TUNNEL
Interstate 70 in Summit County, Colorado is open again after deteriorating weather conditions caused multiple crashes. Snow has been falling in the higher elevations of the Rocky Mountains since Wednesday.
Eastbound I-70 was closed from Silverthorne to the Eisenhower and Johnson tunnels due to multiple crashes on Thursday.
EB I-70 closed Silverthorne-Eisenhower Johnson Tunnels b/c accidents & conditions;No reopen time
— CDOT (@ColoradoDOT) October 22, 2015
The Colorado Department of Transportation decided to close I-70 due to the weather conditions and number of crashes.
A passenger bus was stuck near Silverthorne due to the closure. According to a tweet by ‘Ride Bustang’, the bus was heading to Denver.
West Line bus is stuck near Silverthorne b/c of I-70 Eastbound closure. We will post updates as we receive them. https://t.co/4HrqMgH4UH
— Ride Bustang (@RideBustang) October 22, 2015
Around 12:30 p.m. MDT, the wrecks were all cleared, and all lanes on eastbound I-70 were reopened about two miles east of the Eisenhower and Johnson tunnels.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Our Sun is about to get unusually cool, researchers predict
- Global Warming Causes Stratospheric Cooling By Jeffrey Masters, Ph.D. — Director of Meteorology, Weather Underground, Inc.
- 200 years ago, we endured a ‘year without a summer’
- Huge cracks and hills emerge overnight in Alberta Beach, baffling residents
- Airport Power issues. ?
- U.S. Customs Computer Outage Causes Delays At Airports Nationwide January 1, 2018
- …………. cooling ahead.
- Climate change assumptions false and world will start cooling down in 2017 global warming Science News Express.co.uk
- College asks NYPD to use bathrooms out of sight from students